Simple Bible Reader / Converter is aimed to be simple, yet a powerful reader and converter to support and convert from/to all available bible formats. The software is developed with an intention of being portable and faster loading, that does not have any dependencies on the user system. It is also developed to bridge the gap between multiple Bible softwares, so that a user can choose his favorite Bible software and import / export his favorite Bible translation through this software. The software allows you to import and export from / to any supported Bible format. Please note that the file is highly compressed and it will take a while to start on slower computers.
Prerequisites: Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 ^
^ Except Windows XP, all modern Windows Operating System comes with .NET 2.0 installed by default. In Windows 8, .NET 2.0 is provided as optional and not enabled by default. Please go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Click Turn Windows Feature on or off and then tick the Check box “.NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)” and click OK. This will enable .NET 2.0 in Windows 8.
- Bibles – Executable Bibles, Zefania XML Bibles, The Unbound Bible (Unmapped-BCV, Mapped-BCVS, Unmapped-BCVS), Open Scripture Information Standard (OSIS), General Bible Format (GBF), XML Scripture Encoding Model (XSEM), The Word Bible Modules (ONT, ONTX, OT, OTX, NT and NTX)2 , e-Sword Bible Modules (BBL, BBLX), Unified Scripture Format XML (USFX), The SWORD Project1 , Verse Per Line (VPL), Go Bible, Theological Markup Language (ThML), Open Song Bibles (XMM)3, OpenLP.org Bibles, Bible Companion (BIB), MySword for Android, Bible Analyzer (BIB), EasySlides (MDB), MP3 Bibles, LOGOS Import (DOCX), Online Bibles, PalmBible+, HeavenWorld Bibles for Windows 8, VerseVIEW
- Commentaries – XML Format, SWORD Commentary Modules (ZIP), The Word (cmt.twm), e-Sword 8.x (CMT), e-Sword 9.x (CMTX), MySword for Android, Bible Analyzer (CMT), OnlineBible Commentaries
- Dictionaries – Zefania Dictionary Format (XML), SWORD Dictionary Modules (ZIP), The Word (dct.twm), e-Sword 8.x (DCT), e-Sword 9.x (DCTX), MySword for Android, Bible Analyzer (DCT), OnlineBible Dictionaries
- Books / topics – XML Format (XML), The Word (gbk.twm), e-Sword 8.x (TOP), e-Sword 9.x (TOPX/REFX), SWORD Book Modules (ZIP), MySword for Android, Bible Analyzer (BK), STEP Modules, Online Books
1 The SWORD Project from CrossWire Bible Society has many software applications that can open on various platforms. They mostly use the same bible format. You can export and use them in any of the SWORD Applications which runs on various platforms.
2 The Word format also supports Android’s Open Bible.
License: No restrictions whatsoever, except selling.
Version: 2.9 (Refer: Release Notes)
Latest Release: 18-Feb-2013
- Simple_Bible_Reader.exe (3.28 MB)
- Previous Versions
- XML Bibles (175+ Bibles)
- Support Matrix (24.8 KB)
- Simple Bible Reader – User Guide.pdf (1.11 MB)
Open Source Version:
The projects mentioned below comes with source code and for demonstrating how Simple Bible Reader can be used in other projects.
Please note that the sub projects may not have the up-to-date version of Simple Bible Reader.
bible, converter, reader